10 Tips for Getting Started in Dive Photography and Videography
Have you ever fancied yourself as a underwater photographer or videographer? If so, then this blog post is for you! Here are 10 tips to help you get started in the wonderful world of dive photography and videography:
1. Get a good camera. This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s worth mentioning. A good quality camera will allow you to take great photos and videos underwater.
2. Invest in a good housing. Again, this is an important investment if you want to take good quality photos and videos. A good housing will protect your camera from the water and allow you to use all the features of your camera underwater.
3. Get to know your camera. Before you head out on your first dive, make sure you know how to use your camera. This includes knowing how to change settings, how to focus, and how to take photos and videos.
4. Use a tripod. A tripod will help you take steadier photos and videos, which is especially important underwater.
5. Shoot in RAW. RAW files are larger than JPEG files, but they offer more flexibility when it comes to editing.
6. Use a flash. A flash will help you take better photos underwater, as it will provide some extra light.
7. Be patient. Underwater photography and videography can be challenging, so it’s important to be patient.
8. Don’t touch anything. When you’re underwater, resist the urge to touch anything. This includes rocks, coral, and fish.
9. Be respectful. Remember that you’re a guest in the underwater world, so be respectful of the environment and the creatures that live there.
10. Have fun! Last but not least, make sure you have fun! Underwater photography and videography can be a great way to explore the underwater world and meet new friends.