Day Tours, & Multi-Day Live-a-Shore Charter Conditions
Please see our updated Terms and Conditions safety-statement-and-policies(PDF)
Click to View: Customer information and Liability Release(PDF) Please be familiar with this document as you will be required to fill in and sign as part of Go Dive Marlborough and Go Dive NZ’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Day Tour: scheduled trips to the Lermontov reporting in Picton at 5.00pm and returning to Picton by 6pm the next day-includes one night’s accommodation at the lodge and optional meal package at our Dive Lodge. Go Dive can arrange day trips without having to stay overnight at the Lodge in Port Gore. These are by special arrangement.
- Scheduled Multi-Day Live-a-Shore Tour: 2 or more days in Port Gore wreck and reef diving, scheduled by Go Dive and advertised on our internet site.
- Charter Tour, group charter organised and scheduled by independent group or dive shop.
- One-third deposit is required to confirm group charter reservations. This is a non-refundable deposit.
- One-third non-refundable deposit required immediately upon making your reservation for Day Tours and Scheduled Live-a-Shore Tour reservations.
- The non refundable balance for Scheduled Live-a-Shore and Charter tours is payable 7 days prior to departure and 12 hours prior to departure for Day Tours.
- Reconfirmation of your arrival time to arrange pickups, reporting times and kit is required 24 hours prior to all tour departures. Trips & Charters cannot depart unless full payment has been received.
Transport to Dive Sites
Go Dive does offer complementary transport to Port Gore if space is available on request, if you are self driving then we will supply you with a map and directions or view these on our photo gallery.
- Transport to Port Gore can be arranged for you if space is not available, or you want some independence. An extra charge will be applicable depending on your requirements.
- For group charters we supply limited transport, depending on your requirements there may be an extra charge to cover the cost of rental vehicles.
- Pick up’s from accommodation businesses within Picton and the Picton Ferry terminal by arrangement at no cost.
- For pickups/drop offs from the Blenheim Airport a charge of $50.00 each way will apply. For transfers from the Picton Airport a charge of $25.00 will apply.
Charters are available for up to 7 days. All tours including scheduled Live-a-Shore tours report in Picton, at *5.00pm the evening before the first charter day and arrive back in Picton at 5.30pm or later on the last day. Meals on the evening of departure and the evening of return not included.
*Arrangement for late arrivals can be made if required, in such cases Go Dive needs to be made aware of your arrival time when booking.
Go Dive highly recommend you plan to stay overnight at the Lodge on the last day of diving, this allows for one extra dive, a more relaxing last day and time for everyone to unwind with a final celebratory meal. Departure from the Lodge the next day is by 9am with arrival in Picton or Blenheim at 12pm. A $85.00 per head charge applies.
Go Dive supplies, bath towel, pillow and slip, bottom sheet, top sheet and summer weight duvet. Throw rugs available for cooler nights
No smoking is allowed on any of Go Dives vessels and only in restricted areas outside the Lodge.
- The Lodge is nearly 3 hours scenic drive from Picton, with the closest shop being in Picton. You will need to purchase all your personal requirements prior to departure from Picton
- The Lermontov Lodge is a remote eco friendly facility. There is no cell phone coverage and only VHF contact with Go Dives base. Conservative diving is required.
- Only eco friendly cleaning products are used and all rubbish must be taken out for disposal.
- During your stay we ask that you respect the livestock and wildlife in the area and help our staff keep the Lodge clean and tidy by removing footwear before entering the lodge and occasionally helping with domestic duties like drying dishes.
- Limited spare equipment is available at the lodge so make sure you have all your kit with you, and bring plenty of spare batteries for your lights. Battery charging available for re-chargeables.
- Go Dive supply home cooked meals for all charters and tours; if you have any special dietary requirements please let us know at time of booking. An extra charge may apply for those with special food requirements, i.e. Gluten Free.
- Breakfast at the Lodge is from 7am to 8am and we return to the Lodge each day no later than 6pm after each days diving
- No dogs or pets allowed due to native birds and organic status of surrounding farm land and stock.
Dive sites visited and dive restrictions
- We will endeavour to reach the dive site of choice, but due to weather conditions and other unknown factors that are beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the site and a suitable alternative will be chosen if possible.
- Scheduled live-a-shore tours dive at least 1 planned day on the Lermontov; the choice of site for consecutive days is up to Go Dive Marlborough and the general wishes of the dive group. Generally 80% of the dives are on the Lermontov.
- Scheduled live-a-shore and day tours make no allowance for technical diving, if you wish to dive Twins, Sidemount, Nitrox or CCR’s then please advise us well prior to departure so we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Day tours allow for 2 single tank guided dives, with an optional 3rd dive available on request for $85.00 but only during day light saving hours.
- Scheduled Live-a-Shore tours and charters allow for up to 2 single cylinder dives per day during day light saving months, with the first two dives of the trip guided and *subsequent dives guided by arrangement. The final dive must be completed by 5.30pm each evening during summer or by 4.30pm between the months of May to Oct.
- All day tour dives are guided; the first two dives of group charter and scheduled Live-a-Shore tours are also guided. These dives are orientation dives and do not include penetration outside the light zone.
- * Go Dive can provide extra guided dives on request; please discuss your group’s requirements with our operations manager prior to your charter.
- Night dives possible but are weather and time dependent and count as the second dive of the day.
- On the last day of all tours we plan to be back in Picton by 5.30pm, this means that when diving the Lermontov the last diver must be out of the water by 1pm. Two dives may be possible based on previous days dive time and depth exposure. Go Dive will control and monitor exposure on these dives closely. We highly recommend staying at the Lodge on the last night.
- Due to altitude considerations on the drive out from the Lodge, two dives with depth and time restrictions will apply on the last day (see above) . No decompression dives allowed on the last day. Alternately you can arrange to stay an extra night and drive out early the next day. Go Dive will control and monitor depth and time exposure on all dives.
- Wreck penetration is discouraged unless you have a guide or are well orientated to the wreck. Deep penetration is generally not an acceptable practice on Go Dives Scheduled Live-a-Shore tours, as it requires a number of dives to orientate your self prior to penetration. The Lermontov is unforgiving to those whom are not prepared or venture beyond a reasonable dive plan.
- Removal of artifacts from historical wrecks is prohibited under NZ law. Removal of loose odds and ends from the Lermontov is acceptable; removal of fixtures or fittings from the Lermontov is prohibited under NZ law.
* Go Dive can provide extra guided dives on request; please discuss your group’s requirements with our operations manager prior to your charter.
Go Dive Marlborough Artifacts Recovery Edict
- 1. Only artifacts found outside accepted recreational diving limits (beyond the light zone) using approved deep penetration techniques and equipment can be taken. These artifacts must be non-fixed items like plates, cups etc.
- 2. Be conservative to the amount of artifacts you collect and take only those items that you intend to display.
- 3. No artifacts can be sold or profited from.
- 4. Don’t kill yourself doing it.