GO PRO SDI & PADI DIVEMASTER DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPS
Go Dive offer a limited amount of Divemaster Plus internships every summer. These programmes are ideal for those whose goal is a career in the dive industry. The key to the success of our intern programme is the hands on industry experience candidates gain working within our dive tour and training operations. You will log at least 30 work experience dives, many on the wreck of the Mikhail Lermontov and up to 20 training dives.
Go Dives internships allow for plenty of “one on one” contact time with your very experienced instructors, who hold the highest SDI and PADI instructor ratings obtainable. With over 33 years in the industry and over 10,000 dives between them our instructors have plenty of experience behind them. Knowledge Development is completed through both online training using the PADI or SDI elearning systems and knowledge review sessions with your instructor.
Real world practical training is gained through assisting on our Lermontov charters, Open-water and Continuing Education courses. You will also gain exposure and knowledge on the technical side of diving, both open and closed circuit. On completion of training we guarantee you that you will have had some of the best industry training available, this will give you a definite edge when looking for employment or continuing your education.
Full time Internship programmes run over a period of 12/14 weeks and generally involve 4 days of training each week. However as with all our courses, the training is performance based not time based, so we may extend this out if more time is required or you choose to include any of the optional courses.
We also offer part time training options for those wanting to complete their training over an extended period on a part time bases. Ask us for details.
Included in the package
- SDI or PADI Divemaster Plus
- Cylinder Filling Experience
- Boat Handling & Seamanship Training
- Scuba Equipment rental for training and work experience dives
- All training materials, including SDI or PADI Instructor manual and e-learning access code
- SDI or PADI membership for one year.
- Meals and accommodation while staying at the Lermontov Lodge, approximately 40% of course time will be spent at the Lodge.
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Exposure suit, Boots, Gloves, Cutting Device, Torch and Dive Computer
- Accommodation and meals when not at the Dive Lodge in Port Gore