Day Tour Restrictions
- Day tours cater for two recreational, limited penetration, no decompression guided dives. Twin cylinders can be used on request at a cost of $20.00.
- A third dive is optional on request at a cost of $75.00.
Oxygen for Nitrox and twin sets need to be ordered at the time of booking.
(Charter and scheduled Live-a-Shore tours only)
Go Dive Marlborough specializes in technical diving charters. The following is a guideline to what we have available and diving procedures.
- Go Dive will provide a guide for the first two dives on group charters and Live-a-Shore tours as required; if you require a guide for subsequent dives please advise us when booking.
- Charter rates do not include the provision of O2. We supply J Cylinders of Aviation grade 02 on request at a price of $400.00 per J cylinder or 4.5 cents per litre. Blending takes place on shore between dives.
- For scheduled Live-a-Shore and day tours there is a charge of $10.00 per single cylinder or $18.00 per twin set for EANx32.
Dives per Day
Depending on the mix of divers in your group, three twin cylinder dives are possible on every day of your group charter, with the possible exception of the last day. If you have chosen to travel out on the last diving day, then only two dives will be possible as we need to leave Port Gore by 3pm. If the group consists of 4 or more diving twins, then one dive of each day may need to be on an air top-up.
If you have chosen the preferred option of staying at the Lodge on the last day of diving then 3 dives are possible.
Typical summer schedule for a three-dive day:
- Breakfast at 7am
- Kit up for first dive at 7.45am
- At dive site by 8.45am
- Back at Lodge by 11am
- Lunch 11.30am
- Kit up for second dive 12.45pm
- At dive site by 1.30pm
- Back on beach by 3pm
- Depart for third dive 4pm
- At dive site by 4.15pm
- Back at Lodge by 6pm
- Evening meal 7.30pm
To get in three dives per day this schedule needs to be followed closely, with groups being well organised.
If you choose to dive Nitrox or have Sling, Twin or Rebreather consumable or cylinder requirements then please notify Go Dive off your requirements at least 2 weeks prior to your charter.
- Decompression dives must be followed by at least a 2.5 hour surface interval prior to any repetitive dive.
- 32% EANx is our standard mix, if you require a special mix please advise Go Dives Operation Manager
- If you require side mounted deco gases we can do up to 1 x 50% EANx mix per diver, per day, please allow for this when ordering your O2 for the trip/charter
- It is up to group charters to supply your own hardware to rig deco slings. It is up to group charters to provide a Gas Analyser; Go Dive will provide a back-up analyser and provide one on scheduled Live-a-Shore tours and day tours. Analyser available to rent at $15.00 per day.
- Only divers with advanced wreck diving training, experience and equipment may perform penetration dives beyond the light zone
Go Dive Marlborough can supply twined 12 litre steel cylinders with manifolded 300 bar valves, alloy deco cylinders from 5 to10 litre, all with DIN valves.
All divers will be asked to read and sign Go Dives “Customer Information Form” which includes an Affirmation and Liability Release. We will need to sight proof or training.
- Rebreather divers may complete three dives per day, with the first dive having a total run time no longer than 90 minutes and consecutive dives 80 minutes.
- If the group is made up of CCR and twin open circuit divers, then a separate J cylinder may need to be ordered for the CCR divers
- 797 Grade 1 - 2.5mm absorbent for CCR’s is available if requested in advance for $22.50 per kilo.
- Limited O2 and diluent M25 and ¾ 2.6l and 3l cylinders are available without valves on request for $10 per day. Standard valves available. Please let us know your requirements when making your reservation.
- Helium is available on request. However in NZ helium can cost up to 12 cents per litre and must be ordered by the cylinder.
Please let us know your requirements when making your reservation.
The dive restrictions listed above are put in place due to the very remote location that diving takes place, the distance to medical help and time restraints in blending gas between dives. Go Dive’s first priority is our guests and staffs health and safety. Please respect and consider this if asking us to deviate from these conditions. If you do deviate from these conditions without consent you may not be allowed to enter the water again during your tour.
Shipping of equipment
Go Dive Marlborough is more than happy to act as a shipping address and store your equipment until your arrival. But plan this early, as past groups have arrived while CCR’s are still in transit. Ship early to avoid delays. It is up to you to organise the return shipping on completion of your trip.
Damages and losses
Damage or loss to Go Dive Marlborough’s vessels or equipment by negligent use by the user will result in charges being made to replace or repair damaged or lost items.
Hunting & Collecting of seafood on wreck dive charters
- Seafood collection is possible but we only collect enough for pre dinner entrée‘s
- No spear guns allowed on scuba
Summary of extra costs
- Optional day tour meal package: $30.00 per person
- Optional third dive on day tours: $75.00 (summer only)
- Accommodation & meal package on last day/night of group charter: $85.00 pp
- Twin Cylinder Rental: $20 per day
- Deco/Sling Cylinder Rental: $10.00 per day
- Deco Regulator: $10.00 per day
- Rebreather 2.6/3litre O2 & Diluent cylinders, (no valves) $10.00 per day
- J Cylinder of Aviation Grade Oxygen: $400.00 (Refund for gas not used) or 4.5 cents per litre. Sofnolime: $22.50 per kilo
- Extra guide: $200 per day (guide on first two dives no charge)
- EANx 32% Single: $10.00 Day tour and scheduled Live-a-Shore only
- EANx 32% Twin: $18.00 Day tour and scheduled Live-a-Shore only
- Gas Analyser Rental: $15.00 per day
- Picton Airport transfer: $25.00 per transfer up to 9 pax
- Blenheim Airport transfer: $50.00 per transfer up to 9 pax
DAY TOURS, & MULTI-DAY LIVE-A-SHORE
- Day Tour: scheduled trips to the Lermontov reporting in Picton at 5.00pm and returning to Picton by 6pm the next day-includes one night's accommodation at the lodge and optional meal package at our Dive Lodge. Go Dive can arrange day trips without having to stay overnight at the Lodge in Port Gore. These are by special arrangement.
- Scheduled Multi-Day Live-a-Shore Tour: 2 or more days in Port Gore wreck and reef diving, scheduled by Go Dive and advertised on our internet site.
- Charter Tour, group charter organised and scheduled by independent group or dive shop.
- One-third deposit is required to confirm group charter reservations within 6 weeks of your reservation being made. This is a non-refundable deposit.
- One-third non-refundable deposit required immediately upon making your reservation for Day Tours and Scheduled Live-a-Shore Tour reservations.
- The balance for Scheduled Live-a-Shore and Charter tours is payable 7 days prior to departure and 12 hours prior to departure for Day Tours.
- Reconfirmation of your arrival time to arrange pickups, reporting times and kit is required 24 hours prior to all tour departures. Trips & Charters cannot depart unless full payment has been received.
- Pick up’s from accommodation businesses within Picton and the Picton Ferry terminal by arrangement at no cost.
- For pickups/drop offs from the Blenheim Airport a charge of $50.00 each way will apply. For transfers from the Picton Airport a charge of $25.00 will apply.
Charters are available for up to 7 days. All tours including scheduled Live-a-Shore tours report in Picton, at *5.00pm the evening before the first charter day and arrive back in Picton at 5.30pm or later on the last day. Meals on the evening of departure and the evening of return not included.
*Arrangement for late arrivals can be made if required, in such cases Go Dive needs to be made aware of your arrival time when booking.
Go Dive highly recommend you plan to stay overnight at the Lodge on the last day of diving, this allows for one extra dive, a more relaxing last day and time for everyone to unwind with a final celebratory meal. Departure from the Lodge the next day is by 9am with arrival in Picton or Blenheim at 12pm. A $85.00 per head charge applies.
Go Dive supplies, bath towel, pillow and slip, bottom sheet, top sheet and summer weight duvet. Throw rugs available for cooler nights
No smoking is allowed on any of Go Dives vessels and only in restricted areas outside the Lodge.
- The Lodge is nearly 3 hours scenic drive from Picton, with the closest shop being in Picton. You will need to purchase all your personal requirements prior to departure from Picton
- The Lermontov Lodge is a remote eco friendly facility. There is no cell phone coverage and only VHF contact with Go Dives base. Conservative diving is required.
- Only eco friendly cleaning products are used and all rubbish must be taken out for disposal.
- During your stay we ask that you respect the livestock and wildlife in the area and help our staff keep the Lodge clean and tidy by removing footwear before entering the lodge and occasionally helping with domestic duties like drying dishes.
- Limited spare equipment is available at the lodge so make sure you have all your kit with you, and bring plenty of spare batteries for your lights. Battery charging available for rechargeables.
- Go Dive supply home cooked meals for all charters and tours; if you have any special dietary requirements please let us know at time of booking. An extra charge may apply for those with special food requirements, i.e. Gluten Free.
- Breakfast at the Lodge is from 7am to 8am and we return to the Lodge each day no later than 6pm after each days diving
- No dogs or pets allowed due to native birds and organic status of surrounding farm land and stock.
Dive sites visited and dive restrictions
- We will endeavour to reach the dive site of choice, but due to weather conditions and other unknown factors that are beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the site and a suitable alternative will be chosen if possible.
- Scheduled live-a-shore tours dive at least 1 planned day on the Lermontov; the choice of site for consecutive days is up to Go Dive Marlborough and the general wishes of the dive group. Generally 80% of the dives are on the Lermontov.
- Scheduled live-a-shore and day tours make no allowance for technical diving, if you wish to dive Twins, Nitrox or CCR’s then please advise us well prior to departure so we can make the appropriate arrangements.
- Day tours allow for 2 single tank guided dives, with an optional 3rd dive available on request for $75.00.
- Scheduled Live-a-Shore tours and charters allow for up to 3 dives per day during day-light saving months, with the first two dives of the trip guided and *subsequent dives guided by arrangement. The final dive must be completed by 5.30pm each evening during summer or by 4.30pm between the months of May to Oct.
- All day tour dives are guided; the first two dives of group charter and scheduled Live-a-Shore tours are also guided. These dives are orientation dives and do not include penetration outside the light zone.
- * Go Dive can provide extra guided dives on request; please discuss your group's requirements with our operations manager prior to your charter.
- Night dives possible but are weather and time dependent and count as the third dive of the day.
- On the last day of all tours we plan to be back in Picton by 5.30pm, this means that when diving the Lermontov the last diver must be out of the water by 2pm. Only two dives possible on the last day unless on a group charter or day tour and the preferred option of staying at the Lodge on the last night has been chosen.
- Due to altitude considerations on the drive out from the Lodge, two dives with depth and time restrictions will apply on the last day. Alternately you can arrange to stay an extra night and drive out early the next day.
- Wreck penetration is discouraged unless you have a guide or are well orientated to the wreck. Deep penetration is generally not an acceptable practice on Go Dives Scheduled Live-a-Shore tours, as it requires a number of dives to orientate your self prior to penetration. The Lermontov is unforgiving to those whom are not prepared or venture beyond a reasonable dive plan.
- Removal of artefacts from historical wrecks is prohibited under NZ law. Removal of loose odds and ends from the Lermontov is acceptable; removal of fixtures or fittings from the Lermontov is prohibited under NZ law.
* Go Dive can provide extra guided dives on request; please discuss your group’s requirements with our operations manager prior to your charter.
Go Dive Marlborough Artefacts Recovery Edict
- 1. Only artefacts found outside accepted recreational diving limits (beyond the light zone) using approved deep penetration techniques and equipment can be taken. These artefacts must be non-fixed items like plates, cups etc.
- 2. Be conservative to the amount of artefacts you collect and take only those items that you intend to display.
- 3. No artefacts can be sold or profited from.
- 4. Don’t kill yourself doing it.